Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who?

I don’t know where I’m going
But does anyone, really?
Does it matter if I want to see the world and have no means to get there? No: a simple answer to a not-so-simple question.

Sure I can pull on my Chucks and set out to through the city
But that doesn’t mean in a weeks time I’ll be cruising through Italy

England, France. The spot my finger randomly lands on the map. I want to see the world, but doesn’t everyone? I mean, who wakes up every morning and says to themselves, ‘I hope I never see anything else in my life’?

I don’t know where I’m going, but I know some day I’ll get there
I want to be the person on the top of the world who came from nowhere

Don’t you? Don’t you want to be the famous nobody?

Think of the people who are famous. What have they done? The answer: something. Wouldn’t it be remarkable to be the one who was famous for nothing?

Famous for who they weren’t, what they didn’t do.
I fear I’m talking gibberish, it’s been known to happen.

I still want to travel the world, see everything, and I do mean everything. I want to cut people off with a yes when they start to say ‘have you seen. . ?’

What really is the point of life?

It’s to do anything and everything you ever set out to
It’s to write the novel and buy expensive shoes
But how do you set out and do all of that?
I for one don’t have a clue

But who does?
Who knows how to do anything and everything they want to do?
Who knows how to write a novel and buy things like fancy shoes?
Who knows how to rhyme orange?
Who?

Well I’ll tell you who.
Nobody does, that’s the point, that’s the reason.
Like trying to figure the reasoning behind having four seasons and why meat tastes better if you soak it in a bowl with seasoning.

The point is to figure out how to do all the things on your list.
Like figuring out what you would tell a genie if he gave you the tri-wish.
Figuring out how to write a novel and buy expensive PETA-unfriendly shoes.
And why in the world the meaning of life is forty-two.

I want to see the world.
Who doesn’t?
Who?

-Jacob DeLong

*this is a spoken word, these are only the lyrics*

No comments:

Post a Comment